BUG: no 4GB limit warning messages! RRS feed

• Question

• I don't think there is an error message that appears when you hit this limit.  I packaged an app and I had compression turned on.  My resulting package was about 2GB exactly; at first I paid it no mind thinking 2GB was well under the 4GB limit.  I later ran an upgrade that I know had about 500MB of new files in it.  That package came out to 2GB exactly as well. 

I think I am hitting the limit, probably missing files in my original package and not receiving any warnings.  If APP-V is cutting things out of the package, it should be warning the sequencing engineer!

Friday, October 10, 2008 4:53 PM

Answers

• There hasn't been any warnings in the previous version either, so in that sense nothings changed ;-)

Seriously though, what makes you think you actually have more than 4GB in, did you take properties from your asset -directory on Q? You should keep in mind that even if compressed size is below 4GB limit, packages live uncompressed in the cache and you end up having 4GB problem. So you effectively cannot "work around" the limit by using SFT compression..

br,

Kalle

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, May 28, 2010 9:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:47 PM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:35 AM