none
Replication issues between DCs-(1722) The RPC server is unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Folks,

How to identify and troubleshoot the replication issue is because of Network,Port,Switch or Firewall.

Is it like 1722 is always  because of some sort of changes at Network layer and how to verify network traces like what should be checked in network monitor to isolate the cause.(in my personal experience we ran into replications issue due to some or other kind of changes happened from network side)

I am receiving following error while running dcdiag /test:replications and repadmin /replsum * 

Experienced the following operational errors trying to retrieve replication information

(1722) The RPC server is unavailable

DCDIAG result

DsBindWithSpnEx() failed with error 1722,
    The RPC server is unavailable..
    Got error while checking LDAP and RPC connectivity. Please check your firewall settings

failed test Replications

Regards, Aatif Kungle

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Following the error , it seems that the network flow is opened between domain controllers or network issue.

You download and use the PortQryUI tools from Microsoft site to check the network flow between your domain controllers.

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

• Marked as answer by AatifKungle Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:30 PM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:15 AM
  • Hi AatifKungle,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Share this article, there are specific methods in the article

reference:Active Directory Replication Error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable

I hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,

Vicky

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Following the error , it seems that the network flow is opened between domain controllers or network issue.

You download and use the PortQryUI tools from Microsoft site to check the network flow between your domain controllers.

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:15 AM
  • Hi AatifKungle,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Share this article, there are specific methods in the article

reference:Active Directory Replication Error 1722: The RPC server is unavailable

I hope this information can help you.

Best Regards,

Vicky

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:17 AM
  • Just to update  yeserday we managed to resolved the issue by switching network traffic from one Datacenter to another Datacenter.After the switch replication issue got solved automatically.

Thanks for the help

Regards, Aatif Kungle

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:32 PM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that your issue was successfully resolved.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Havea nice day!

Vicky

Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:02 AM