Problems from the Start RRS feed

• Question

• The activation was late, and I've had problems since.  First, I wasn't able to go to any website that needed a log in identification, like Facebook for example.  Then I started getting errors telling me to run Chkdsk utility.  I was going to just reinstall the whole machine to factory settings, but when I put the recovery disc in it wouldn't start, and I could not get it to even boot from the disc.  I clicked on the executable file within the disc, and stated that an error occurred, and saying I need to check if I have the right version of the disc for my 32 or 64 bit system.  (The disc came with the computer from the manufacturer).  I'm out of options of what to do.  I would like to know how to fix this whole system (for very cheap) that will bring the computer back to life letting me doing everything?
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 2:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Are your running in the reduced functionality mode?

If so, you are still able to activate the system by the valid product key.

See Description of the behavior of reduced functionality mode in Windows Vista

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:39 AM

All replies

• What is the specific make and model number of the computer?
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, November 8, 2011 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

Are your running in the reduced functionality mode?

If so, you are still able to activate the system by the valid product key.

See Description of the behavior of reduced functionality mode in Windows Vista

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:56 AM
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:39 AM