Sign-In Application Secure Connection Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded he Sign-In Utility along with the .Net Framework and I am coming up with an error:

The client was unable to establish a secure connection with the server. Please try signing in again. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

I have setup several of my co-workers with this an didnt get that error message.  I am running with Vista Home Premium and have a Gateway MD7818U.  My IT Director said my computer is not compatible with the software.  I dont understand this as I just setup another computer today with Vista Home Premium.  Help please?
    Friday, June 26, 2009 12:43 AM

Answers

• HI,

I would do the following:

1) uninstall the .net Framework The instructions say it is included with Vista, and you may have a version issue.
    2) Uninstall the BPOS client
    3) Reboot
    4) Install any updates from the Microsoft updates web site
    5) Reboot
    6) Download and install the BPOS cleint from the admin Web site

If you are still having the issue I would then turn off all firewalls on the computer and see if it works. If it does then make the needed exceptions.

Let us know how you get along with this. Feel free to call if you like Cell 714-681-4639

Jay

Updated.

Jay Here I actually worked live with this person and the issue was that the latest updates were not installed, and the TIME this is tritical on the computer was not set to internet time.

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:56 AM

All replies

• HI,

I would do the following:

1) uninstall the .net Framework The instructions say it is included with Vista, and you may have a version issue.
    2) Uninstall the BPOS client
    3) Reboot
    4) Install any updates from the Microsoft updates web site
    5) Reboot
    6) Download and install the BPOS cleint from the admin Web site

If you are still having the issue I would then turn off all firewalls on the computer and see if it works. If it does then make the needed exceptions.

Let us know how you get along with this. Feel free to call if you like Cell 714-681-4639

Jay

Updated.

Jay Here I actually worked live with this person and the issue was that the latest updates were not installed, and the TIME this is tritical on the computer was not set to internet time.

Friday, June 26, 2009 2:56 AM
  • LOL, computer is definitely "compatible. There are a number of possible solutions. Is your time synced within a few minutes of the atomic clock? That is usually the cause for this error.
    • Proposed as answer by AainR Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:07 PM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:10 AM
  • Hi Andge

You are getting this error coz' your system time is out of sync. Your system time should be within 5 minutes of server time for your SSO to establish secure connection.

Reset your time and re-check your time zone and try and re -connect.

it should work

Regards

Ashish
    Monday, December 7, 2009 5:56 AM
  • Hi all,

For thoose that do not know how to set the time clic on the clockin the lower right hand corner and selelct cange time --> Then click on change date and time --> set the time to as close as you can to the correct time (I look at a cell phone), also make sure the time zone is set correctly--> then I usually click on the internet time tab and updae the time with one of the NIST serves. Then you are done.

Jay
    Monday, December 7, 2009 12:17 PM
  • Andy and Ashish are right on with this.

I went from the Eastern time zone to the Mountain tiime zone.  I changed the time on my computer manually, but didn't change the time zone.  That is what was causing the problem for me.

I was still able to logon and use Outlook, but the performance was degraded.

When I set the time back, it worked flawlessly.

Thanks, guys.

Aain

Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:10 PM
  • This was right on. I was having the same issue after being able to use the MS Online Sign-In tool for months. Changed my time a few minutes and was able to sign on.

Only trouble with that is that the local clock is set by the DC on my network. So, this will apparently continue happening every time my local clock is reset by the system.

The DC is set to use MS servers as a time service. So...something is amiss.

At least I know what the problem is. Thanks.

Kevin Hughes

Monday, August 2, 2010 2:57 AM
  • Yes, I had same problem.  Re-Set time zone with Windows.Time on Clock.

Works perfect now. Whatta relief.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 10:03 AM
  • Thank you, same problem.  I set my clock forward testing some security code and forgot about it.  Then I could not sign in with the following error

The client was unable to establish a secure connection with the server. Please try signing in again. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator.

I corrected the time on my computer and the problem is resolved.

Thanks for the information

Saturday, October 9, 2010 3:32 PM
  • Ashish Bisht's solution was bang on the money. i really need to get into the habit of Googling for the errors messages before I start uninstalling/reinstalling stuff. Now if only i could mark his reply as an answer.... -_-
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:31 AM
  • Thanks Ashish. That did the trick.  I am wondeirng though how did my time changed.  I never changed it by it started changing after I started using hte sign-on application

Sheetal Jain

www.prosperoware.com

Friday, January 21, 2011 2:20 PM
  • great thread ,

solved my online sign in problem,

I installed online signin on windows server 2008 r2 and it was not working, same error mentioned on the above post.

changed the time zone & bang...

It worked like a charm.

Thanks everybody....

Pranay.

Friday, September 2, 2011 10:30 AM