Redirected Recent Items/Recent Places issue. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Hope someone can help me. I have a very strange issue going on here

We have redirected profiles to a server location and recent documents/places enabled. The recent document info is stored in %username%\roaming\Microsoft\windows\recent items

When I log onto computer 1 the list is empty, so I start looking at documents etc. The documents and folders appear fine in their relevant lists.

When I log onto a computer 2 and look at the recent documents/places they are empty. If I start looking around the list starts to populate.

If I now return to computer 1 it still only has the documents and places I looked at on that machine. So you would think its saving it locally. However if I right click and look at the properties of recent items its definitely pointing to the user profile area on the server and so is computer 2. Also if I right click the recent items and click send to zip. It creates a zip file on the desktop. If I look in the zip file it contains both the information from 1 and 2. So they are both looking at the right location yet they will only see their own data !! ? Anyone like to enlighten me to what might be going on and how it maybe resolved?

Thanks

MyPchealth

Friday, March 6, 2015 2:34 PM

Answers

• Hello MyPchealth,

I apologize for the delay.

Do you mean that the file in folder recent items won’t appear in other computer?
    Please provide screenshot for better analyzation.

Please check if you logon the same account at the same time.
    Try to log off or restart and check if the recent item exists in the server.

Please open the event viewer and check if there are any related error log. For more information about the event log, please refer to the following article.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Friday, March 20, 2015 1:27 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:36 AM

All replies

• Any Ideas ?

MyPchealth

Monday, March 9, 2015 9:05 AM
  • Hello MyPchealth,

I apologize for the delay.

Do you mean that the file in folder recent items won’t appear in other computer?
    Please provide screenshot for better analyzation.

Please check if you logon the same account at the same time.
    Try to log off or restart and check if the recent item exists in the server.

Please open the event viewer and check if there are any related error log. For more information about the event log, please refer to the following article.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-event-viewer#1TC=windows-7

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, March 18, 2015 8:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Friday, March 20, 2015 1:27 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 4:36 AM