none
how to create a team task RRS feed

• Question

• I created a project.

Build a team and assigned resources!

I opened the enterprise resource pool in project professional; chose team name and selected team assignment pool YES for the team members.

Now i want to assign a task to the team so that the task appears under team tasks; how can i do it?

I tried to assign a task to multiple resources; but TEAM TASKS is not available in the quick-launch. Further when i go to my tasks; choose insert team task, there's nothing there!

Thanks!

You miss 100% of the shots you do not take!
    Monday, July 26, 2010 11:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To be able to use team tasks, you need to setup team resources first, and assign your resources to the team.

• In the resource pool, create a new resource that will act a as team resource. For this resource, select the correct team and make sure the 'team assignment pool' option is selected for this resource
    • Now for each resource that belongs to this team, make sure you set Team to the correct value (= same as team resource)
    Now you can assign your team resource
    • Open your plan in Microsoft Project
    • Using Build Team from Enterprise, add the team resource to your plan
    • Assign the team resource to the task
    • Save and publish your plan.
    The team members now should have the assigned team tasks available in the Add Team Tasks dialog box.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

TheBeginner wrote:

I created a project.

I opened the enterprise resource pool in project professional; chose team name and selected team assignment pool YES for the team members.

Now i want to assign a task to the team so that the task appears under team tasks; how can i do it?

I tried to assign a task to multiple resources; but TEAM TASKS is not available in the quick-launch. Further when i go to my tasks; choose insert team task, there's nothing there!

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by TheBeginner Monday, July 26, 2010 3:48 PM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To be able to use team tasks, you need to setup team resources first, and assign your resources to the team.

• In the resource pool, create a new resource that will act a as team resource. For this resource, select the correct team and make sure the 'team assignment pool' option is selected for this resource
    • Now for each resource that belongs to this team, make sure you set Team to the correct value (= same as team resource)
    Now you can assign your team resource
    • Open your plan in Microsoft Project
    • Using Build Team from Enterprise, add the team resource to your plan
    • Assign the team resource to the task
    • Save and publish your plan.
    The team members now should have the assigned team tasks available in the Add Team Tasks dialog box.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

TheBeginner wrote:

I created a project.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by TheBeginner Monday, July 26, 2010 3:48 PM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 11:48 AM
  • Hi Hans,

That helped!

Thank you!

Monday, July 26, 2010 3:47 PM