Bluetooth stopped working under Win7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a BT issue under win7.
    I have internal Dell Bluetooth 370 device and after uninstalling the Broadcom BT software I lost the BT connection.

Now I see Dell bluetooth 370 under device manager but its status is: "Device cannot start error 10"

Please help me out, I have spent all weekend trying to solve this issue but with no success.

Thanks
    Monday, September 21, 2009 8:01 PM

Answers

• Please refer to Nano's suggestions first. If the compatible driver cannot be located, we can install a public driver for a test.

BlueSoleil 6

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

However, if the driver still cannot be installed, you may need contact the manufacturer for further assistance. Please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Regards,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, September 28, 2009 2:27 AM
    Friday, September 25, 2009 3:10 AM

All replies

• Of cos you would see the error since you uninstall it under device manager. Try installing the BT driver again and see how it goes. Lastly what you mean by you're having BT issue under win 7? Be more specific, if is due to non compatible issue, run the driver under vista compatible mode
    Monday, September 21, 2009 11:46 PM
    Answerer
  • sorry for not explaining my self well.

I installed the latest drivers from Broadcomm and the problem persists.
    I think its drivers collision issue.

I tried goggling it for 3 days with no success.

I did see that under services the btenum and 2 other BT services are stopped.

I hope my problem is well described now.

Thanks
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:28 AM
  • Embedded111,
    Have you tried the Dell Vista bluetooth driver for your computer. That should resolve the issue. The generic broadcom driver probably won't work. Also, if there is a Dell Quick Set driver for Vista for your computer, download and install that too. It helps.

http://support.dell.com and enter your computer information for drivers and select Vista (32-bit or 64-bit to match Win 7 version)

If you need help getting the drivers, provide your computer information.

What's the result?
    ASUS P4PE-P4 Extreme 3.4gHz-2gb G.Skill PC3200-XPSP3:55gb-Win7RC:17gb-DATA:500gb-ASUS N6800GT
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:23 PM
  • I tried installing the matching Vista 64 bit drivers but no success.
    I'll give it another try.

I think I need to remove all previous BT drivers and than try to stick with the MS BT drivers which worked for me before.
    The problems began when I installed the Dell 370 BT application and could not pair my BT mouse.

Any help regarding uninstall all previous BT drivers and restoring the MS BT driver would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:47 AM
  • Try the hardware troubleshooter from the action center-flag at low right in notification area.
    ASUS P4PE-P4 Extreme 3.4gHz-2gb G.Skill PC3200-XPSP3:55gb-Win7RC:17gb-DATA:500gb-ASUS N6800GT
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:45 PM
  • The hardware troubleshot says noting regarding BT issue.

any other ideas?
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 1:07 PM
  • Well, here is your "code 10" documentation. KB943104

So, device manger, select the device, select properties, select update driver. If the MS driver worked, use that one. Close out.

What model is your laptop?
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:00 PM
  • I have a similar problem. I recently upgraded from XP to Win 7 (which would essentially at that point be a fresh install). And Win 7 did not at all recognize my bluetooth. I have a lenovo T60. I tried installing the Vista 64 and 32 bit drivers but it would always say Windows did not discover any such device and would cancel my installation. I looked through the Device Manager if it would show any unknown device (since it would not recognize the bluetooth) but nothing. Its like it does not even exist anymore. I think I tried the option where I can say the last version of windows this application worked with and all but no use there either. Any ideas??
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:50 PM
  • Please refer to Nano's suggestions first. If the compatible driver cannot be located, we can install a public driver for a test.

BlueSoleil 6

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

However, if the driver still cannot be installed, you may need contact the manufacturer for further assistance. Please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Regards,

Novak

• Marked as answer by Novak Wu Monday, September 28, 2009 2:27 AM
    Friday, September 25, 2009 3:10 AM