none
To disable "Edit Message" Option in outlook 2016/ office 365 pro plus RRS feed

Answers

• Do you mean disable Edit Message option under Action menu?

According to my research, we can add Control ID 5604 to disable “Edit Message” option. I’ve tested this on both Outlook 2016 and office 365 pro plus.

Please refer to following screenshot:

Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outlook 2016 > Disable Items in User Interface > Custom > Disable command bar buttons and menu items

(If you don't see Microsoft Outlook under Administrative Templates, you need to install templates first. Check this link)

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:23 AM

All replies

• Do you mean disable Edit Message option under Action menu?

According to my research, we can add Control ID 5604 to disable “Edit Message” option. I’ve tested this on both Outlook 2016 and office 365 pro plus.

Please refer to following screenshot:

Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outlook 2016 > Disable Items in User Interface > Custom > Disable command bar buttons and menu items

(If you don't see Microsoft Outlook under Administrative Templates, you need to install templates first. Check this link)

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:23 AM
  • HI Perry_Pan,

This is working Fine. But this GPO can be over written by anyone with admin rights to their PC

Is any Alternate solution available for this except Azure right management?

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:39 AM