Unable to Uninstall programs from Vista RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to uninstall Dawn of War from a computer running Vista.  There is only one user for the computer: me as administrator.  When I go to the control panel, select Dawn of War, and choose uninstall, my computer thinks for a moment before popping up a box labeled Windows Installer with this message:  "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation."  The only thing I can do is close it.  When I do another box labeled Installed Updates pops up with this message:  "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall X.  Please contact your system administrator."  The only thing I can do is close that window.

Unfortunately this is not an operation that I can right-click to run as administrator, and the game does not have a self-uninstall option.  I also tried a command in the cmd area from a couple other forums that would supposedly reset my security preferences, but all it did was tell me I had the wrong command syntax.  How can I tell my computer that I am the administrator and I want this file gone?!

Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:50 AM