Cannot connect with wireless when installing Windows 2008 R2 server on a Dell latitude E6400 RRS feed

• Question

• )Hi,

I need your help, please. Following issue:

Installed Windows 7 64-bit on a Dell laptop E6400, everything works perfectly fine, wireless card and driver work, it can connect straight to a wireless connection.

Reinstalled the laptop with W2K8 server R2 64-bit , installation works fine, but it doesn't connect to any wireless !!   The device manager tells me that the device is working properly (Intel wifi link 5100 AGN). The driver seems also correct. I deinstalled it and downloaded & installed the latest Intel drivers for this card (ICS_Ds64 and ICS_s64) but same issue.

It doesn't show any wireless connection, and troubleshooting the issue just tell me the network adaptor seems to have a problem.

It definitely has to do something with the drivers and the OS, but i'm lost....  Also, of course, the drivers found on the intel website are for Windows 7, there are none for Win server 2008, but it shouldn't matter as it is the same kernel underneath...

If anybody has some idea or trick i could try, i'll be grateful !!!

Friday, June 25, 2010 2:08 PM

Answers

All replies