Client loses manually entered work number RRS feed

• Question

• We have implemented PSTN conferencing without Enterprise Voice.

We do not use address book normalization because we have call centers that do not want unique phone numbers or extensions listed in their contact cards and all of them having the same phone number causes a mix up of user information among those users.

Users enter the phone number they want the conference to use when they choose the "Call me at" feature when joining conferences.

This number is being cleared randomly.

Has any one seen this before?  If so what was the resolution?

Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Steven W Flanagan,

According to your description, did you configure a response group for your environment?

As you mentioned, when join the conference they choose call me at feature, the number cleared randomly, did you mean that the issue is an intermitted issue?

Could you please give us a screenshot for this issue?

If you use response group, please refer to the following document, it’s similar to SFB server 2015 https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Answer-and-make-calls-for-a-response-group-in-Lync-2010-d9182de9-32f6-492d-90cd-9bd0c0a390b2
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Troubleshooting-for-response-groups-ca72d8f8-4054-4974-b832-4f173611bd89

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 11, 2017 2:39 AM
  • Thank you for your response.

We don't use Enterprise Voice and thus no response groups.

We just use PSTN conferencing.

The users put their desk phone number in the Skype for Business Client options and it disappears randomly.

Friday, August 18, 2017 8:20 PM
  • Hi steven,

Thanks for your response.

Did this issue only appear on the specific user in your environment?

Please try to rebuild SFB cache files and install the latest update for your SFB client, then test again.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:39 AM
  • Thank you for your response.

It happens for random people at random times.

When someone alerts us that it has happened to them we delete their folder in appdata\local and let it rebuild a new one and we just updated the office installation on all our PCs.

So far we've only had one person with a recurrence that it has happened to previously. 

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 1:06 PM
  • Hi Steve,

Definitely not expected behaviour as I've had mine populated for a very long time without issue. Given that you recently updated the application, and you've had just one report for which I assume you removed the local SIP profile to fix, I'd suggest waiting to see if the issue occurs again for that same user. 

In the event the issue persists, could you please provide the desktop client version and Skype for Business server version(s). Additionally, what kind of time frame are you talking about in terms of how often this happens?

Kind regards
    Ben

Note: If you find a post informative, please mark it so using the arrow to the left. If it answers a question you've asked, please mark the thread as answered to aid others when they're looking for solutions to similar problems.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 1:22 PM
  • I haven't had anyone notify me of it happening in the last couple of weeks so it's not something that happens frequently.  I'll keep an eye out for a recurrence and will also gather that info if a new user has the issue.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 1:28 PM
  • Hi steven,

Thanks for your response.

Because your issue is randomly, so we suggest you install the latest update for your SFB client then test if the issue persists.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Monday, August 28, 2017 7:27 AM
  • I have installed the latest CU and the issue still occurs.
    Friday, February 9, 2018 3:07 PM