Taskbar disappear RRS feed

• Question

• I've just installed windows 7 a month ago...

... all is running quit well except...

...suddenly my taskbar disappear!

I've installed a SW patch (Tasbar Repair Pro) in order to return it to live, but I think it's a Microsoft Windows matter, doesn't?
    Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hi mikmuri,

You can first try System Restore to restore the system to the date before the issue first occurred.

If the issue still exists, could you please let us know when the issue will occur? Does it occur after resuming from the third party screensaver? If this is the situation, the issue should be related to the screen saver. It is recommended using other screen saver instead. For more information, please refer to this thread: Taskbar Missing After Display Turned Off & Using Third Party Screen Savers.

Otherwise, if this is not the situation, please check if the issue occurs in Clean Boot. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue. Also, please go to Control Panel -> View by: Large icons -> Taskbar and Start Menu -> uncheck "Auto-hide the taskbar" -> click OK. Please check if the issue can be resolved.

Besides, please try add explorer.exe process to the system by the steps below:

1.     Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc combine key to bring up Task Manager.

2.     Click File -> New Task (Run…).

3.     Type explorer.exe in to the text box and then press Enter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, January 4, 2010 3:05 AM
    Monday, December 28, 2009 8:30 AM