none
Add Column bug / corruption in Project 2007 standard RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to have some corruption in my Project file.  When I add a column into my Gantt Chart view the underlying table switches to a table that is used in another view.  I think I have seen this previously.  Is this a known issue? Any advice please?

Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Stev,

I have also never seen this issue if I got your question right; still just for the sake of troubleshooting you can do followings :

Either save the Project as another copy and check if the issue still persists on addition of the column. Or try to recreate the view/table again may be there is corruption at view level itself.

Copy Gantt View from the Global MPT into this Project (using the Organizer) and then try customizing it by adding the column and see if it persists.

Sapna S
    Monday, September 5, 2011 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Stev,

Welcome to this Microsoft Project forum:)

This is not familiar to me.  Firstly have you applied SR2 and the Jul 10  Cumulative Update?  If/when you have, please give more details: which  column are you adding, and where, and which underlying table does it go to.  Does this happened with other files?

FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be  seen at this web address:  http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm

Hope this helps - please let us know how you get on :)

Mike Glen
    MS Project MVP
    See http://tinyurl.com/2xbhc for my free Project Tutorials

Thursday, September 1, 2011 4:18 PM
  • Hi Stev Scott42,

I'm a bit puzzled by your post. 

If you add a column to a table in the Gantt chart view and that table is in use in another view, yes, the new column will show in the other view. Is this what you are experiencing or does the name of the table actually change?

Julie

Sunday, September 4, 2011 2:24 PM
  • Hi Stev,

I have also never seen this issue if I got your question right; still just for the sake of troubleshooting you can do followings :

Either save the Project as another copy and check if the issue still persists on addition of the column. Or try to recreate the view/table again may be there is corruption at view level itself.

Copy Gantt View from the Global MPT into this Project (using the Organizer) and then try customizing it by adding the column and see if it persists.

Sapna S
    Monday, September 5, 2011 6:25 AM
  • Hi.  Did you get this resolved?  If so, what did you do to resolve it? I have the same issue and am using MS Project 2007 SP 3.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:58 PM
  • Hi Liz,

1) What table is applied to the Gantt chart view?

2) what table does it automatically get switched to?

Julie

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:22 PM
  • Hi Julie.  I am using a view that uses a table called SR5 - Late Tasks.  When I try to add a column it goes to SR3 - Completed Tasks. unfortunately I did not create these views of these tables.  Any idea how to troubleshoot them so they will work?
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:48 PM
  • I created a new table and it seems to have solved the issue.  So I guess I just need to create all new tables and associate with the views.  Thank you for your help.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:00 PM