'Hold for an Operator' RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I currentely have a Lync installation that leverages Exchange UM services for inbound calls. At this time, there is a fairly basic UM configuration in place; calls come in on the main number and the caller is present with what would be considered fairly standard options;

1.) If you known the extension number please press 1

2.) Otherwise please press 2 for an operator

It has since been highlisghted that people calling from satelite phones, or driving with a hands-free devices may not always have a dial pad easily accessible to them. As such it has been suggested that the second option for being passed to an operator should be changed to "Otherwise please hold for an operator".

I am currently unable to identify an obvious way to achieve this given my limited Exchange knowledge from within the standard UM options, I see no obvious related post in the forums, and have not come across anything via search engines.

If someone would be able to advise on how I can route a call to the operator extension after a pre-determined amount of time or absence of a selection it would be much appreciated!

Kind regards

Ben 

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 10:17 AM

All replies