RAMMap - AGMService.exe shows up hundreds of times in Processes tab - zero memory usage. Cause? Way to remove? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I'm one of many who have encountered very high (~75% in Task Manager) idle memory usage, even on startup, in Windows 10.

Task Manager only shows one entry of "Adobe Genuine Software Service" which the link below says this file is related to.

I have 16gb of RAM.

I made some headway in reducing memory usage by disabling things in startup so I think I've got a fix on that.

However, I downloaded RAMMap for the first time today while trying to figure out the memory issue, and discovered on the Processes tab, that there were a ridiculous amount of AGMService.exe entries, although they had zero values for memory usage.

Per online searching at fileDOTnet, this exe is a genuine Adobe-related file, but the alarming amount of times that is listed bothers me.

As stated, my overall memory usage issues seem to have abated after my startup process disabling, but can anyone speak to this abundance of AGMService.exe showing in RAMMap, whether it's an issue, and if so, how to resolve it?

Please note: I attempted to post several pics of my specs and screenshots but this site said I couldn't until my account was verified. Posting barebones info now and I'll update as needed/soon as able.

Thanks for any help.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 5:34 PM

All replies

• "Task Manager only shows one entry of "Adobe Genuine Software Service"" - is this on the details tab?
    does
    RAMMap show different process id's for the AgmService instances?
    You are running the current version of RAMMap?

Do you even have Adobe software installed? When not: probably malware related.
    Friday, July 3, 2020 5:05 AM
  • Hi,

Is your problem solved?

If not, please reply and tell us what's going on to provide further assistance.

针对Windows 2008/2008R2的扩展支持将于2020年结束,之后微软将不再为其提供安全更新。点击此处或扫描二维码获取《在 Azure 上运行 Windows Server 的终极指南》,把握良机完成云迁移并实现业务现代化。

Monday, July 6, 2020 9:51 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.   

针对Windows 2008/2008R2的扩展支持将于2020年结束,之后微软将不再为其提供安全更新。点击此处或扫描二维码获取《在 Azure 上运行 Windows Server 的终极指南》,把握良机完成云迁移并实现业务现代化。

Thursday, July 9, 2020 5:24 AM