none
DPM 2012 SP1 calculation of the needed diskspace when backuping shares RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I got a volume on a server with 17TB of data. I want to backup one share with 3TB of data on this share. When I try to backup just this share, DPM tells me that I need 31TB of free space based on the 17TB volume size, on the DPM Server which I actually do not have. Is there any way, to tell DPM just to backup the share with 3TB of data? The screenshot is in German sorry...

Thursday, February 19, 2015 12:44 PM

Answers

• DPM will always assume you are backing up the entire volume.  If you want to use a smaller amount (specific folders or shares only), choose the "Modify" button there (Andern... in your case) and then either manually put in the size you want to allocate, or choose "Calculate" to have DPM look at only the size of the selected folder or share.

Thanks, Chris Butcher - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Thursday, February 19, 2015 3:19 PM

All replies

• DPM will always assume you are backing up the entire volume.  If you want to use a smaller amount (specific folders or shares only), choose the "Modify" button there (Andern... in your case) and then either manually put in the size you want to allocate, or choose "Calculate" to have DPM look at only the size of the selected folder or share.

Thanks, Chris Butcher - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Thursday, February 19, 2015 3:19 PM
  • Thx Chris, that really helped me.
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 3:52 PM