Vista RC1 fails to install correctly, reboots and no user setup to login with RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have tried ti install Vista on my home PC from some of the first beta releases since I am a tester, but I have NEVER been able to install it on my PC at home, it ALWAYS fails for some reason. At work I dont have a problem, but that is a brand new pc. MY home pc is not bad, it is a AMD Athlon 64 3500+, with a Geforce 4 TI 4200 video card (128mb Ram), 1 Gig DDR400 RAM, 250 GIG SATA drive (EMPTY). I have a MSI motherboard (K8N Neo2) with latest bios drivers updated etc.

So my specs aint too bad, but why cant I install VISTA???? RC1 (x86) is the closest I get to a full intallation. It will intstall and get to the first time startup section, blue screen, reboots and then boots up to give you the nice VISTA user login page, BUT NO USER HAS BEEN SETUP!!!!!!! so I cannot login! The resolution on this screen is perfect and looks just like the one on my work pc, except there hasnt been any users that were setup, so no on ecan login! I is extremely frustrating. I never have any problems with XP or any other OS for that matter.

Can anyone give me any ideas as toi what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Friday, September 22, 2006 11:20 PM