Perform Repair On IE 11 for WIndows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Microsoft Support,

I have one machine running on windows 10 pro.

Currently, it seems that there is issue with the Internet Explorer 11, thus i would like to perform repair on it. I did the reset and restore advanced settings on IE and apparently it does'nt work.

However.  I can't seem to find the way to repair the IE 11 on windows 10. Can't find it under control panel and under Windows features as well. Which is very weird as with other machine, i am able to find under Windows Features.

Our ERP system is only able to run on IE so have no way need to repair the IE 11.

Could you guys have anyway where i could perform repair on IE 11 or download the offline version for windows 10 so we could overwrite it?

Many thanks for your help

Regards,

H

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 4:53 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To reinstall IE 11 follow these steps.

1. Turn off the Internet Explorer features . To do this, follow the steps in the "Turn off Internet Explorer" section in Install or uninstall Internet Explorer.
    2. Restart your computer after you turn off Internet Explorer. Then, Internet Explorer will be removed from your computer.
    3. You can turn the Internet Explorer Windows feature back on to reinstall it on your computer.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:24 AM
  • Hi Vembu,

Thanks

I didn't saw the section that you mentioned "Turn off Internet Explorer".

Could you please guide me on where inside the article that could help on this issue?

Thanks

H

Hi,

To reinstall IE 11 follow these steps.

1. Turn off the Internet Explorer features . To do this, follow the steps in the "Turn off Internet Explorer" section in Install or uninstall Internet Explorer.
    2. Restart your computer after you turn off Internet Explorer. Then, Internet Explorer will be removed from your computer.
    3. You can turn the Internet Explorer Windows feature back on to reinstall it on your computer.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 6:09 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to run following command  to check system files and recovery corrupted files, here are steps:

1. Open Command Prompt (as administrator).

2. Type sfc /scannow or DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and then press Enter.

In addition, please check for and install any available updates. (Type Check for updates in search box , then select Check for updates. )

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Friday, February 2, 2018 10:24 AM
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:45 AM
  •  

Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Vera Hu Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:40 AM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:39 AM