When I run FLIGHT SIMULATOR X in WINDOWS 7 , the program runs for about 30 - 40 minutes and then automatically shuts down! HOW CAN I FIX THIS ??? PLZ HELP ME!! RRS feed

• Question

• WINDOWS 7

FSX 

PLZ HELP, i tried changin compatibily and running as admin and doing toher things but it doesnt work. i even tried to unistall it like 6 times

Monday, March 29, 2010 1:41 AM

Answers

• Have you checked the temperature of your video card?

Updated the video card's driver?

• Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:00 AM
    Monday, March 29, 2010 1:52 PM

All replies

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:00 AM

• The problem is not generally with the video card, sorry you guys might think it is but it's not if he is having the same issue as a LOT of windows 7 users with FSX it is caused by the uiautomationcore.dll 

This file is dumping out and causing FSX to freeze up and then once it's frozen it crashes to desktop depending on if you have the system set up it will either restart or refuse to.

If you asked the original person for more information you might find that the symptoms are rather like this

1. I have been in flying.

2. I have changed views or the such using menu's a few times

3. i was changing a menu or a view when the game froze.

The problem is that the ACES team got the sack and now we can't exactly get a 'patch'.

There are a number of solutions suggested some include getting your hands on the uiautomationcore.dll from vista and putting it in your FSX directory however this does not appear to actually end the problem completely.

the other is to actually disable the desktop windows manager as shown at the very end of this thread here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproappcompat/thread/fb1808ff-92f0-478b-9826-f2ed6fbeae97

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:24 AM