6TO4 Adapter Problems RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Vista Home Basic.

I am having trouble getting Internet Explorer, various program updates, and all online games to connect to the internet.
    I have tracked it down to a problem with my 6TO4 Adapter.
    In Device Manager it says that the device isn't working properly.
    Device Status shows the following:
    "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I attempted to update the driver but it said I had the latest version. And when I hit "Check for Solutions" in the General tab I would have it look online for solutions but the box would disapear without out anything else (couldn't connect I presume).

Under problem details I got the following:

Description:
      Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 10.

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    PnPDeviceProblemCode
      Architecture:    x86
      Hardware Id:    *6to4mp
      Setup class GUID:    {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
      PnP problem code:    0000000A
      Driver name:    tunnel.sys
      Driver version:    6.0.6000.16501
      Driver date:    05-17-2008
      OS Version:    6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
      Locale ID:    1033

I hope I've provided enough information to get this problem sorted out, thank you very much.

Sunday, June 8, 2008 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Based on my experience, the code 10 error related to Microsoft 6to4 adapter generally won’t affect your system, unless you have IPv6 deployed into your network. However, it could be a symptom that the network card doesn’t work correctly.

I recommend you to go to the motherboard manufacturer’s website, download and reinstall the most updated driver for network adapter.

If the problem persists, try to reinstall 6to4 adapter component via the following steps:

1.    Go to Device Manager.

2.    right-click 6to4 adapter and select Uninstall.

3.    Action – Add Legacy Hardware – Next – “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” – Network adapters – Microsoft – Microsoft 6to4 Adapter – Next – Finish the wizard.

Let us know the result and more details about the issue if possible. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:39 AM

All replies

• Bump
    Monday, June 9, 2008 10:59 PM
  • Hello,

Based on my experience, the code 10 error related to Microsoft 6to4 adapter generally won’t affect your system, unless you have IPv6 deployed into your network. However, it could be a symptom that the network card doesn’t work correctly.

I recommend you to go to the motherboard manufacturer’s website, download and reinstall the most updated driver for network adapter.

If the problem persists, try to reinstall 6to4 adapter component via the following steps:

1.    Go to Device Manager.

2.    right-click 6to4 adapter and select Uninstall.

3.    Action – Add Legacy Hardware – Next – “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list” – Network adapters – Microsoft – Microsoft 6to4 Adapter – Next – Finish the wizard.

Let us know the result and more details about the issue if possible. Thanks!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:39 AM