none
Weird issue with contact pictures

Question

• Hey all,

I'm having a strange issue with Outlook contact pictures. In the contact list some are showing up with thumbnail pictures but when you click on the contact there is no image. I seems to be a problem with local caching because the issue isn't happening with all computers, only some. I've tried flushing profiles and clearing out the caches to no avail. The image doesn't appear in the OWA. But it does appear locally with either cached mode on or off. I can't find where the thumbnails are stored if there is a place? I included a couple screenshots of what the issue looks like:

Any ideas?

Brian Baldock | MCSE | MCSA | MS | MCP Please note: This post is provided as is with no guarantee. Test, then test again

Monday, April 15, 2019 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I tested in my environment and got the following conclusion:

1. The photo shown in your second screenshot is a picture that you can add to the contact yourself. And the photo shown in the first screenshot is the picture that the contact himself added to himself.
    2. If you and the contact have both set an picture, only the photo set by that contact will be displayed in the contact list. When you click on the contact you will see the picture you set here.
    3. If you have set a photo for the contact but the contact doesn't set an photo for himself, then the photo you set will be displayed in the contact list.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:14 AM
  • Hi Brian,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 19, 2019 1:47 AM