none
Rundll32.exe error on startup error message saying "windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item RRS feed

• Question

• Windows vista enterprise edition on start up shows an error rundll32.exe, error message saying "windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please click start, type msconfig and press Enter.

Under the startup tab, find the item reads like RUNDLL32.EXE, c:\windows\system32\xxx.dll and uncheck it.

Save the change and restart.

Or you can modify the registry by loading registry editor.

Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Deleted the RUNDLL32.EXE, c:\windows\system32\xxx.dll

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please click start, type msconfig and press Enter.

Under the startup tab, find the item reads like RUNDLL32.EXE, c:\windows\system32\xxx.dll and uncheck it.

Save the change and restart.

Or you can modify the registry by loading registry editor.

Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Deleted the RUNDLL32.EXE, c:\windows\system32\xxx.dll

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 6:19 AM
  • I have windows 10 and my start up screen doesn't have the box to type anything into. I'm afraid to just randomly delete a windows file. I tried to read the "also try this" method in the post following this one but I didn't understand a word it said.

How can I find that little run box on start up.  Heres a screenshot of my start up.

apparently it won't let me upload the screen shot because the site can't "verify" me.  Although I am logged in and using my pc.  ?????

ARGGGGG!

Monday, October 23, 2017 2:19 PM
  • Hi,

right click on the Window Icon in the left bottom corner. you should see the 'RUN'

Tuesday, December 5, 2017 3:27 PM