windows stop working RRS feed

• Question

• when i am using my lstop, suddenly my latop was shutting down, and, after that i restart the laptop back. after i enter the password and it open the windows, then the screen is black and only the cursor was appear. no other button was appear. the dialog box then show up and state that window is stop working and then it said, it will notify when there are solution and then i click ok then the screen was turn black.. hope anybody can help me
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How does this issue begin to occur? Can you associate with any software\hardware change?

I would suggest having a look whether you can reproduce the problem in safe mode.

Start your computer in safe mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

If behavior doesn’t persist in safe mode, it indicates that a third party program or service is preventing you from performing the action as supposed to. During Safe Mode, please launch your antivirus software and perfrom a system scan to make sure the system is clean. Then continue to troubleshoot the issue in clean boot.

Clean Boot prevents software conflicts by preventing the startup items and non Microsoft services from loading. This way you can safely follow the process of elimination to check which application is causing this behavior.

Refer:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Ensure that you put your computer back to normal startup mode after completing the troubleshooting steps. Steps are available in the article given above.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:46 AM