none
MDT 8450 - [Windows10-Pro-1803] defaulting to[Pacific Time] instead of [AUS Eastern Standard Time].

Question

• Hello All,

Was wondering if someone has come across the following issue.
    I've run out of ideas so hoping a fresh set of eyes or suggestion can shed some light.

After the OS [Windows10Pro_1803] is deployed via MDT the timezone is defaulting to Pacific Time.

Strangely enough if I set the zone to E. Australia Standard Time that seems to work.

I just can't get it to set to AUS Eastern Standard Time which is for [Canberra,Melbourne,Sydney].

The country location is correct as it's set to Australia but I just can't seem to get the TimeZone right ;-(.

I'm defining the TimeZone in the [CustomSettings.ini] as below

SkipAppsOnUpgrade=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerName=NO
    SkipDomainMembership=NO
    SkipUserData=YES
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    SkipTaskSequence=NO
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    SkipApplications=NO
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipSummary=YES 
    SkipFinalSummary=NO
    UserDataLocation=AUTO
    TimeZoneName=AUS Eastern Standard Time  
    UILanguage=en-AU
    UserLocale=en-AU
    KeyboardLocale=en-AU

According to the [DeployWinz_LanguageUI.xml] file the language is valid.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

regards,

Darsenator007

Saturday, August 11, 2018 11:30 AM

All replies

• Update: I literally just finished getting it working.

What I did was copy and paste the value specified in the file [DeployWinz_LanguageUI.xml] and that worked.

When i compared the 2 values they matched so who knows what the deal is..

So if anyone is having the same issues maybe a simple copy/paste instead of writing out the value manually might just be the trick.

Saturday, August 11, 2018 12:10 PM
  • Either that or the trailing white space in the example you posted above derailed the parsing process.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, August 13, 2018 12:05 PM
  • You nailed it on the head !

I just copied and pasted that very same line into notepad and there it was...trailing white space!!

far out.....makes sense now why when I copied & pasted the value from the [DeployWinz_LanguageUI.xml] it worked..because it didn't have the trail white space.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my thread.

I'll be sure to remember to double check for this sort of stuff in the future.

Cheers,
    Darsenator

Saturday, September 1, 2018 6:59 AM