none
The resource name is already in use. You must select a unique name for the resource. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Server 2010 PWA.

I have created resource of type 'Work' in Resource Center. Server Settings -> Resource Center. Click New Resource. I already assigned few task to these Resources.

Now I want these Resources can login into PWA site. I tried to add New User from Server Settings -> Manage user. But I am unable to do so as I am getting the error message: The resource could not be saved due to the following reasons:The resource account is already in use. (unchecked "User can be assigned as a resource" checkbox doesn't solve)

I am using forms-based authentication. From Resource Center I tried Edit Resource but we does not have any option there to give Windows User Account. 

I do not want to delete the resource and re-create. Is there any way by which I can give Windows User Account to my existing resources?

• Edited by KENIL DOSHI Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:37 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You should edit fhe existing resource from the resource center, check the option "the resource can connect to Project Server" and set a valid user account.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

• Marked as answer by KENIL DOSHI Thursday, July 24, 2014 4:29 AM
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:18 AM