none
Installing MAP tool on AD Vista Business Ultimate RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.2047.00
    ==============================
    OS Version : Professional Service Pack 1, v.668 (Build 6001)
    Time : Mon Mar 17 14:56:08 2008

PAULVISTA : Unknown article Result.

SQL Server Setup failed. For more information, review the Setup log file in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Summary.txt.

Time : Mon Mar 17 14:56:10 2008

This is the "Summary.txt" file, any thoughts? I have previously checked the add/remove programs and removed anything mentioning SQL.

Monday, March 17, 2008 5:16 AM

Answers

• I’ve looked at the sql logs and find an issue related to the SQL Server System Configuration Checker not being able to access system data via WMI. A quick search yielded a lot of traffic on this issue in forums and blogs. The general theme of these conversations is that this error occurs when there are issues with WMI on the local computer (WMI configuration/data corruption). I’d recommend the following:

1. Try to install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition 2005 manually. If you get the same error THEN.

2. Call Microsoft PSS for SQL product support.

3. OR perform a Web search for “SQL Server System Configuration Checker cannot be executed due to WMI configuration” and try some of the community provided solutions.

Our team produced the code to silently run the SQL Installer, but we are not equipped to provide technical support for SQL Server Express 2005 installation errors. I’m quite certain that this problem is related directly to the SQL Server 2005 Installer and its OS dependencies.

Regards,

Paul

Paul
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:26 PM
  • I had the same problem, and my answer was two-part. First, I created a text document called "fixwmi.cmd" with the following text inside:

@echo on
    cd /d c:\temp
    if not exist %windir%\system32\wbem goto TryInstall
    cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem
    net stop winmgmt
    winmgmt /kill
    if exist Rep_bak rd Rep_bak /s /q
    rename Repository Rep_bak
    for %%i in (*.dll) do RegSvr32 -s %%i
    for %%i in (*.exe) do call :FixSrv %%i
    for %%i in (*.mof,*.mfl) do Mofcomp %%i
    net start winmgmt
    goto End

:FixSrv
    if /I (%1) == (wbemcntl.exe) goto SkipSrv
    if /I (%1) == (wbemtest.exe) goto SkipSrv
    if /I (%1) == (mofcomp.exe) goto SkipSrv
    %1 /RegServer

:SkipSrv
    goto End

:TryInstall
    if not exist wmicore.exe goto End
    wmicore /s
    net start winmgmt
    :End

I went to run and typed in "c:\fixwmi.cmd" where I had stored the file. I rebooted.

Next, I downloaded the sqlncli.msi file from the following site:

I went to "Add or Remove Programs" and uninstalled the "Microsoft SQL Native Client." Then, I ran the sqlncli.msi file. Installation of the client was successful. Lastly, I reinstalled the program. Everthing installed fine.
    Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:43 PM

All replies

• Can you zip up the log files from installation and send them to mapfdbk@microsoft.com?
    Paul
    Monday, March 17, 2008 8:54 PM
  • I’ve looked at the sql logs and find an issue related to the SQL Server System Configuration Checker not being able to access system data via WMI. A quick search yielded a lot of traffic on this issue in forums and blogs. The general theme of these conversations is that this error occurs when there are issues with WMI on the local computer (WMI configuration/data corruption). I’d recommend the following:

1. Try to install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition 2005 manually. If you get the same error THEN.

2. Call Microsoft PSS for SQL product support.

3. OR perform a Web search for “SQL Server System Configuration Checker cannot be executed due to WMI configuration” and try some of the community provided solutions.

Our team produced the code to silently run the SQL Installer, but we are not equipped to provide technical support for SQL Server Express 2005 installation errors. I’m quite certain that this problem is related directly to the SQL Server 2005 Installer and its OS dependencies.

Regards,

Paul

Paul
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:26 PM
  • I had the same problem, and my answer was two-part. First, I created a text document called "fixwmi.cmd" with the following text inside:

@echo on
    cd /d c:\temp
    if not exist %windir%\system32\wbem goto TryInstall
    cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem
    net stop winmgmt
    winmgmt /kill
    if exist Rep_bak rd Rep_bak /s /q
    rename Repository Rep_bak
    for %%i in (*.dll) do RegSvr32 -s %%i
    for %%i in (*.exe) do call :FixSrv %%i
    for %%i in (*.mof,*.mfl) do Mofcomp %%i
    net start winmgmt
    goto End

:FixSrv
    if /I (%1) == (wbemcntl.exe) goto SkipSrv
    if /I (%1) == (wbemtest.exe) goto SkipSrv
    if /I (%1) == (mofcomp.exe) goto SkipSrv
    %1 /RegServer

:SkipSrv
    goto End

:TryInstall
    if not exist wmicore.exe goto End
    wmicore /s
    net start winmgmt
    :End

I went to run and typed in "c:\fixwmi.cmd" where I had stored the file. I rebooted.

Next, I downloaded the sqlncli.msi file from the following site:

I went to "Add or Remove Programs" and uninstalled the "Microsoft SQL Native Client." Then, I ran the sqlncli.msi file. Installation of the client was successful. Lastly, I reinstalled the program. Everthing installed fine.
    Saturday, April 12, 2008 3:43 PM