none
SharePoint Central Admin Error

Question

• Hi,

I am getting the following error when I am trying to access Central Admin site. It was working fine but all of sudden I am seeing this error message. I did check the permissions on database server and everything looks normal and as per my knowledge no changes been made to the servers. 

The sites with alias name are loading without any issues but the sites with server name(Server A) and central admin(it is also with server name) are having issues.

We have 3 servers:

Server A - App Server

Server B - Web SErver

Server C- Database server

Can anyone please let me know how to resolve the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

"This operation can be performed only on a computer that is joined to a server farm by users who have permissions in SQL Server to read from the configuration database. To connect this server to the server farm, use the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard, located on the Start menu in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products."

OK29

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:18 PM

All replies

• OK29 - the image you provided can't be read.  Please edit your post and provide a larger one.  Recommendation: given the use of both db alias and db server names used in a single farm, I recommend you rebuild your farm but using a single alias.
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:08 PM
  • Hi,

Were the site with alias name in the same web application as the sites with server name?

If not, please check if the password of the application pool accounts for the web application where the sites with server name exist and Central Administration has been expired.

If yes, please update the password in Active Directory and in Internet Information Services(IIS).

If above cannot help, please check ULS log for more detailed error message for further research.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Thank you Victoria and Stephen for your comments.

Site Collections with alias are in different web application and are working fine. When I try to ping database server from central admin server, I am getting "Destination host unreachable" error.

So I asked network team to look into the issue.

OK29

Thursday, March 30, 2017 4:08 PM
  • Hi OK29,

Did you try to disable loop back check adaptor and check if it works as the local server name is not getting resolved here. Below is the process for your reference:-

http://www.jeremytaylor.net/2010/05/24/sharepoint-disable-loopback-check-disableloopbackcheck-dword-in-registry/

P.S. Please import or backup the registry key before making any changes.

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to get in touch in case you need further help.

Thanks, Vandana Rathore (MCSE, MCTS, PRINCE2®) |(Please remember to click on “Mark as Answer” if this post helps you)

Thursday, March 30, 2017 5:02 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, you also need to verify that if the servers and hosts can be recognized and connected between servers.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 31, 2017 3:21 AM
  • OK29 - when your network team responds, please update your post.  Such comments are invaluable to future readers experiencing similar problems.
    Monday, April 3, 2017 4:06 PM
  • HI,

Were you able to fix SharePoint Central admin error? Let us know if any of the above suggested method worked for you.

Also, Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Thanks, Vandana Rathore (MCSE, MCTS, PRINCE2®) |(Please remember to click on “Mark as Answer” if this post helps you)

Monday, April 24, 2017 4:02 AM
  • Hi Vandana,

Thank you for your suggestions. But my issue was different, it's an issue with Network Load balance configuration on web servers. It was configured unicast instead of multicast.

I have one question for you.

Is it ok if we DisableLoopbackcheck for multi servers SHarePoint Farm?

Please advise.

OK29

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 9:40 PM
  • In most environments I try to avoid to disable it. I think it's ok for lab environments, but for production I would recommend reading this Blog:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sharepoint_foxhole/2010/06/21/disableloopbackcheck-lets-do-it-the-right-way/

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:43 PM