Client Push Installation Fails on specific systems RRS feed

• Question

• I have SCCM 2012 RTM installed on a Win 2008R2 Sp1 system & Client Push installation is configured.

Client push method successfully installs SCCM Client on computers running Win2008R2Sp1 but fails on computers running Win7Entx64sp1, Win2003Entsp2x86 & XpProsp3x86 systems.

On the win2003entsp2x86 client system I could see the windows\CCMSetup folder getting created & after opening the CCMsetup.log with CMTrace it says that Bit 2.5 is required. After manually installing bits 2.5 on the win20003 system the SCCM client push installation successfully installed on win2003sp2x86 system.

But on the win7entx64sp1 & the xpprosp3x86 system, I cannot even see the windows\ccmsetup folder. After referring to  SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER status message, it says The operating system reported error 67: The network name cannot be found. Bla Bla Bla ..........

What could be the resolution?

Saturday, May 5, 2012 6:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Is the firewall enabled on both the Windows 7 and XP machines? Can you ping them yourself? Looks like that trying to connect to the machines is timed out.

With kind regards, Peter Daalmans www.systemcenterblog.nl

Saturday, May 5, 2012 7:23 AM
  • The firewall was disabled on win7 & Xp system & yet there was no sign of SCCM Client getting installed.

Finally I installed .NetFW3.5 on both Win7 & Xp system & immediately SCCM Client stared getting installed.

Now my further query is; Do we require the firewall to be disabled on win7 & Xp clinets? I actually had the SCCM client push installation succeed on win208r2sp1 with the firewall ON.

Saturday, May 5, 2012 8:14 AM
  • .net 4 is a prerequisite for the Configuration Manager 2012 client, so you need to prepare your client with it.

You do not require the firewall to be disabled, it's is better to leave it on. Thought maybe you had a third party firewall.

With kind regards, Peter Daalmans www.systemcenterblog.nl

Saturday, May 5, 2012 8:29 AM
  • strange though, I installed .net3.51 & the sccm client got installed.

BTW, where can I find all the ClientOS Updates prereq in details. The MS technet site just displays the OS & SP's supported as SCCM client; they do not mention the actual updates required on each type of Client.

Saturday, May 5, 2012 8:48 AM
  • .NET 3.0 is a prerequisite, if it's not installed the client agent will install .NET4.
    Saturday, May 5, 2012 9:55 AM
  • Saturday, May 5, 2012 9:56 AM