Opening a SQL 2005 cube in ProClarity Desktop Professional RRS feed

• Question

•  

What version of ProClarity Professional is needed to open a SQL 2005 cube?

I have PDP 6.0. If I need a newer version, who do I contact to purchase it?

Thanks,

Linda

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:01 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Linda,

Great questions.  PDP 6.0 was the first version to support SQL Server Analysis Services 2005.  However, many improvements have been made and we're up to version 6.3.2214.x if you apply the service packs for 6.3 located at download.microsoft.com. 

If you have a Premier or other account with Microsoft, I recommend contacting your company or your Microsoft representative.  Or, you can call 1800 Microsoft or you can visit this site to start with:  http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/buy/software/overview.aspx#waystobuy.

You may be entitled to upgrades based on your company's status with either ProClarity or Microsoft.

-Joey

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:37 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Linda,

Great questions.  PDP 6.0 was the first version to support SQL Server Analysis Services 2005.  However, many improvements have been made and we're up to version 6.3.2214.x if you apply the service packs for 6.3 located at download.microsoft.com. 

If you have a Premier or other account with Microsoft, I recommend contacting your company or your Microsoft representative.  Or, you can call 1800 Microsoft or you can visit this site to start with:  http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/buy/software/overview.aspx#waystobuy.

You may be entitled to upgrades based on your company's status with either ProClarity or Microsoft.

-Joey

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:37 PM
  • Linda,

Also - you may find out if your company has Microsoft Volume Licensing Services (MLVS), or access to MSDN to download ProClarity.

-Joey 

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:55 PM