Files reappear after being deleted from Explorer View (2007) RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue where all files under a large group of subsites cannot be deleted from Explorer View.  I have full rights to all files, yet when they're deleted from explorer view, they reappear after refreshing the window.  I am able to delete files from within the webpage without issue.  This seems to only occur when using webdav.  If using FPRPC from a XP machine to connect, files delete fine.
    • Edited by NLongTech Friday, January 20, 2012 7:35 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2012 7:31 PM

All replies

• Start/ Run type net stop mrxdav - this command stops the webclient.

Start/ Run type net start webclient - this command starts the webclient

Check is the issue is still present

If you Map the sharePoint site you have the same problem?

-          Access My Computer -> Tools -> Map Network Drive

-          Check this option “ Sign up for online storage or connect to a network server”  and follow the next steps

You can also apply this update http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15123

MCITP|MCTS SharePoint| SharePoint Performance blog
    Friday, January 20, 2012 7:49 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I have gone through those steps.  Unfortunately, none of them resolved the issue.  The strange thing is that I am able to successfully delete files from other subsites above the ones at this level and in other sites in this collection.  I also created a new subsite and uploaded a single image file.  Deleting this failed as well.

Friday, January 20, 2012 7:55 PM
  • An example:

Files here can be deleted using explorer view:

site.com/product/product1/*

site.com/product/marketing/*

site.com/product/marketing/product1/*

Files here cannot be deleted using explorer view:

site.com/product/product1/version1/documentation/*

site.com/product/product1/version2/images/*

Friday, January 20, 2012 8:02 PM
  • To summarize:

-          FPRPC is working all the time for all the site

-          WebDav is working  for some site for the others not

You can create a network trace when webdav is ok and nok, and then compare those traces (check for PROPFIND and OPTIONS)

Are you using IIS7 or IIS6?

Friday, January 20, 2012 8:07 PM
  • The summary is correct.  I am using IIS6.  Unfortunately, the captures for the working and non-working file deletes appear to be identical, other than the file names.  Even the client appears to have deleted file successfully, until the window is refreshed.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 2:51 PM
  • Are you using any third party software in your SharePoint environment like DocAve?

Monday, January 23, 2012 2:56 PM
  • Only some bamboo web parts and telerik editor.
    Monday, January 23, 2012 3:36 PM
  • If you are using a different client machine and you are logged with a user that has full rights are you having the same problem?

Those bamboo and telerik editor are deployed on all the sites in the farm?

There are any differences between those two sites like versioning, variations, language pack, third party software, webparts?

a) site.com/product/marketing/product1/*

b) site.com/product/product1/version1/documentation/*

Monday, January 23, 2012 3:48 PM
  • Also check if there are any checked-out items, active workflows

Monday, January 23, 2012 3:53 PM
  • After poking around some more, it appears that this only affects files that are subject to disk based blob caching.  While flushing the blob cache, something strange happened, and sharepoint lost access to the blobcache folder.  During this, I was able to delete files without issue using Explorer View.  After logging out and back in, it appears that sharepoint has successfully flushed the cache and the issue is back.  

I'm fairly certain that simply disabling disk based blob cache would resolve the issue, but this is certainly not the optimal solution.  Any ideas?

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:45 PM