The reason for the problem: 5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550-'5.1.1 User unknown' RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

#I have an exchange 2013 cluster environment and identified that are returning from valid accounts rejections, I use acceptdomains as InternalRelay and have set the AddressBookEnabled true:

AddressBookEnabled       : True
    DomainName               : mydomains.com.br
    DomainType               : InternalRelay

#I'm getting these bounces valid accounts:

The following message to <ti@mydomain.com.br> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.3.0 - Other mail system problem 550-'5.1.1 User unknown'

Reporting-MTA: dns; MYSPAMSERVER.embratelmail.com.br

Final-recipient: RFC822; ti@mydomain.com.br
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; [172.17.0.45]
    X-Supplementary-Info: <[172.17.0.45] #5.0.0 smtp; 5.3.0 - Other mail system
     problem 550-'5.1.1 User unknown' (delivery attempts: 0)>

#I use only 2 exchange native spam settings that are installed on mailbox servers .:

PS E:\> Get-SenderFilterConfig

Name                         : SenderFilterConfig
    BlockedSenders               : {<>}
    BlockedDomains               : {}
    BlockedDomainsAndSubdomains  : {}
    Action                       : Reject
    BlankSenderBlockingEnabled   : True
    RecipientBlockedSenderAction : Delete
    Enabled                      : True
    ExternalMailEnabled          : True
    InternalMailEnabled          : True

PS E:\> Get-RecipientFilterConfig

Name                       : RecipientFilterConfig
    BlockedRecipients          : {<>}
    RecipientValidationEnabled : True
    BlockListEnabled           : True
    Enabled                    : True
    ExternalMailEnabled        : True
    InternalMailEnabled        : True

#I use separated function, CAS e MAILBOX. I don't use Edge Transport.

#I realized that the answers of bad bounces are the CAS and not the Mailbox Server.

My configs:

& $env:ExchangeInstallPath\Scripts\Install-AntiSpamAgents.ps1 $servers = "EXMBX01","EXMBX02","EXMBX03","EXMBX04","EXMBX05","EXMBX06" Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock { Restart-Service MSExchangeTransport Write-Host "Restart-Service MSExchangeTransport Finished..." } -ComputerName $servers Set-TransportConfig -InternalSMTPServers @{Add="10.100.11.35","10.100.11.36","10.100.11.37","10.100.11.38","10.100.11.39","10.100.11.40"} Get-TransportConfig | Format-List InternalSMTPServers

#Blocking message with blank senders Set-SenderFilterConfig -BlankSenderBlockingenabled $true
    Set-SenderFilterConfig -BlockedSenders @{Add="<>"}
    Set-RecipientFilterConfig -BlockedRecipients @{Add="<>"}

#Enable LDAP
    Set-RecipientFilterConfig -RecipientValidationEnabled $true

Any idea?

Thanks.

Monday, August 29, 2016 12:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There are same issues solution on below post, please check if it can help to resolve your issues:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/fe86f319-fbd7-4bbb-a7b1-ef583f406d04/remote-serverthe-sender-received-the-error-message-xsupplementaryinfo-sbs08sclocal-511?forum=exchangesvrsecuremessaginglegacy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/ef1e584e-6cee-4aaf-8846-24d80011c262/remote-server-returned-511-smtp-550-511-user-unknown-when-send-mail-from-external?forum=exchange2010

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/70ee425b-54ce-4acb-988b-d3daea840868/-511-smtp550-511-resolveradrexrecipnotfound-not-found-smtp?forum=exchangesvrclientslegacy

Dinesh Singh https://ucservice.blogspot.com

Monday, August 29, 2016 4:05 PM
  • If i to set AddressBookEnabled to False after converting the domain from Authoritative to Internal Relay, I can't to do Recipient Validation...

when I set up a accepteddomain as internalrelay and setting the AddressBookEnabled to False, i receive the e-mails.

Is there any limitation of this feature for multi-tenancy environment / hosting?

Can be this in my case?

I would like to continue doing recipient validation using internal relay, because of spam and hybrid environment

Monday, August 29, 2016 4:54 PM