Ghost junk mail appearing without an account? RRS feed

• Question

• I've got junk mail (10+ messages) that appears in my "All accounts" inbox every night (never during the day). It is very obviously junk with some promotional subject (sometimes not even with English characters) and a body that only contains an "unsubscribe" link (I've never clicked on it). In the header, it looks like it's coming to my gmail account (I have 3 accounts setup) but when I go to the individual gmail inbox, or the inbox for any of my accounts, those messages aren't there. They're not in the "all email" folder under gmail either. It basically looks like they're appearing in the all mail inbox without actually going through an individual account's inbox. All of the emails come from the same domain (track-serv.trade) but the option to "block sender" is greyed out for those emails. When I go to the gmail webmail these messages are nowhere to be found so I don't think they're really going through gmail. Anyone know what this might be or what I should do? This is all in Outlook 2016 for Mac on a brand-new MacBook Pro. 

• Moved by Perry-Pan Friday, September 21, 2018 2:21 AM
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s your accounts’ type? POP or IMAP?

To show separate inboxes for each account in Outlook for Mac, we can go to Outlook > Preferences > General. Under Folder list, clear the Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts check box. And then check where are those junk emails located.

>>All of the emails come from the same domain (track-serv.trade) but the option to "block sender" is greyed out for those emails.

What if we add the domain to Blocked Senders list? To do this, please go to Outlook menu > Preferences > Junk. You will find Blocked Senders.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:16 AM
    Friday, September 21, 2018 2:20 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried showing separate inboxes for each account? Does it work?

If you have further concern, please feel free to tell us.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, October 1, 2018 7:39 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, October 1, 2018 7:39 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 3:16 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:30 AM