none
Master Project external tasks in OData RRS feed

• Question

• I have a master project having multiple sub projects inserted, I am trying to build a report from oData, Is there a way to get these external tasks in Odata feed from the master project ?

At least i would like to find out all the sub projects inserted in the master plan  

Thanks
    Neil

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 3:59 PM

Answers

• Okay while further researching this, figured out few things, there are 2 fields available which may be used

"ParentProjectId",ProjectType

ProjectType Enumeration 5 tells you that this is a sub projects / inserted project and ParentProjectID gives you the project it is inserted into

Next trying to figure out manipulation to get all desired results :)

will keep you all updated on this

• Marked as answer by PSI Developer Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:37 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 5:21 PM
  • finally was able to figure out the inserted projects in master plan by using the below REST API with syntax

_spPageContextInfo.siteAbsoluteUrl + "/_api/ProjectData/[en-US]/Projects?"         +  "$select=ParentProjectId,ProjectName&$filter= ParentProjectId eq guid'"+ProjectUID+"'"

Note: I am using this in a JQuery based report 

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:37 PM

All replies

• Okay while further researching this, figured out few things, there are 2 fields available which may be used

"ParentProjectId",ProjectType

ProjectType Enumeration 5 tells you that this is a sub projects / inserted project and ParentProjectID gives you the project it is inserted into

Next trying to figure out manipulation to get all desired results :)

will keep you all updated on this

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 5:21 PM
  • finally was able to figure out the inserted projects in master plan by using the below REST API with syntax

_spPageContextInfo.siteAbsoluteUrl + "/_api/ProjectData/[en-US]/Projects?"         +  "$select=ParentProjectId,ProjectName&$filter= ParentProjectId eq guid'"+ProjectUID+"'"

Note: I am using this in a JQuery based report 

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 7:37 PM