none
How to restrict the user to enter particular hours in actual or overtime in timesheet. RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know about this

I dont understand work and purpose of this section Default Reporting Units :

and I want to restrict the user he can fill the timesheet with 8 hours in actual and 8 hours in overtime. and if he try to enter more than 8 hour in actual or more than 8 hour in overtime the system will not allow him and restrict him.

How I can do this.

I am using the settings below . but user can enter 16 hours in actual or 16 hours in overtime.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:16 AM

All replies

• You can restrict maximum hours at overall time sheet level per day and week. Its not possible to set limits on individual categories within a time sheet.

Abhijeet M. Mohite

Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:19 PM
  • What is the logic behind this ?

If we fill maximum hours per day is 10.

then user can enter whole 10 hours into overtime. or whole 10 hours into Actual work.

why we need overtime if the person do 10 hours work . and company time is 8 hours but he can enter 10 hours in actual . and he entered.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:54 PM
  • The intent of the limits was to prevent keying errors. True story, someone entered 99 hour update on a 9 hour task and the PM didn't catch it in the approvals. Had they set these limits, it would have reduced some of these issues.

I typically set this to 24h daily and 168h for the week. Any other logic requires custom programming to be tied to the Timesheet submission event.

Treb Gatte @tgatte

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:08 PM