none
Event 6028 on RMS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

In EventViewer from the RMS I get the event 6028 with the following message:

DiscoverHealthServiceCommunicationRelationships.js

HealthServiceCommuncation relationship discovery for HealthServices configured via AD Integration Could not find "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Agent Management Groups\MGGroup\AD Cache\Primary SCP Info\Service DNS Name" The HealthService needs at least a primary management server to communicate. This may indicate that the following: * HealthService has not queried and cached the AD SCPs yet * HealthService doesn't have access to any SCPs, yet is configured for AD Integration Match results: undefined

In the Operation Console I get the following alert:

The process started at 08:40:37 failed to create System.Discovery.Data, no errors detected in the output. The process exited with 1

Command executed: "C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "DiscoverHealthServiceCommunicationRelationships.js" 0 {3237253B-2A1C-38E7-8E52-588635224D35} {036D69C8-5D09-AFCD-C008-DB0A7DF31084} ManagementServer "ManagementGroup"
    Working Directory: C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 7\1330\

One or more workflows were affected by this.

We use SCOM 2007 R2 on Win2008 Server. The AD Integration works - the agent get the connect infos from ad. The SCP Containers in AD are also available.

But the Agent Management Group is missing in the registry.

Can anyone please help?

Monday, November 23, 2009 12:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,
    When you implemented AD integration, did you change any regkeys on your RMS?
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft MVP - Operations Manager | http://www.contoso.se
    Monday, November 23, 2009 8:57 PM
  • Ups sorry, I haven't found my entry again...

No, on the RMS we haven't changed anything in the registry. On both MS we had made the change from the ADIntegrationKey as documented.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 10:23 AM
  • Well I think it should be 0 on your MS too. Where did you read to change it?
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft MVP - Operations Manager | http://www.contoso.se
    Friday, November 27, 2009 10:33 AM
  • Hm no, as mentioned in our books this key is set to 1 if you want AD integration...
    Monday, November 30, 2009 7:53 AM
  • Hi.

I know there are some articles telling different stories on that topic. However, it is as Anders states: this regkey should NOT be changed on any Management Server. Pete Zerger has written a very good document on it which can be found on www.systemcentercentral.com.  It is called: ADIntegration_final_1.pdf. You can also search for it on the internet.

Good luck with it.
    Best regards, Marnix Wolf

(Thoughts on OpsMgr)
    Monday, November 30, 2009 12:54 PM