none
Mail keeps stuck in Drafts box - Exchange 2013

Question

• i,

This is my first time setting up a Exchange server, but i'm stuck at sending mail. I am able to receive mail, but my send mail keeps stuck in the Drafts folder.

I'm using a smart host, provided by my provider through port 587, since port 25 is blocked. I have a feeling that my problem is somewhere in DNS, i already did a lot of reading but i can't figure out the problem.

My dns settings are:

where 192.168.1.22 is my Active directory controller with DNS.

Are there any changes or things I need to add to my DNS controller?

Thanks in advance!

Friday, October 14, 2016 12:18 PM

Answers

• Actually, while your DNS settings might be backward (point to the google DNS server 8.8.8.8 first for external lookups, not your internal server), your problem is more likely to lie in your connection to your ISP.  You say you are sending through them, but you don't say if the connection requires authentication.  How is your Send connector for outbound email configured?

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Friday, October 14, 2016 12:54 PM

All replies

• Actually, while your DNS settings might be backward (point to the google DNS server 8.8.8.8 first for external lookups, not your internal server), your problem is more likely to lie in your connection to your ISP.  You say you are sending through them, but you don't say if the connection requires authentication.  How is your Send connector for outbound email configured?

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Friday, October 14, 2016 12:54 PM
  • Did you configured your send connectors properly. As said by Will, you should not be using google dns.

Please mark as an answer if this answers your question .

PREM RANA

MCSE Exchange 2013, MCSA 2012 Server MCTS Exchange 2007,

2010, MCITP Exchange 2007, 2010 MCSE 2003 Server,

MCSA Exchange 2003 ITIL V3 Foundation

https://ranaprem.wordpress.com/

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any NDR returns to sender?

As will mentioned, pleas run "Get-SendConnector | FL" to list the setting of send connector, also confirm the authentication for this smart host with provider.

Then you can try to get message tracking log to get details about deliver failed, for example:

Get-ExchangeServer | where {$_.isHubTransportServer -eq $true -or $_.isMailboxServer -eq $true} | Get-MessageTrackingLog <MessageId> | Select-Object Timestamp,ServerHostname,ClientHostname,Source,EventId,Recipients | Sort-Object -Property Timestamp

As a test, you can try to create a send connector to send message to Internet with MX record:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj657457(v=exchg.150).aspx

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:06 AM