cube processing RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

We have a package that runs every morning for cube processing.

Everything works fine, but today I found that the package kept running around 3 hours ( usually it takes around 30 minutes).

So, I just stopped the job and and restarted the analysis service in proclarity server and and reprocessed the cube again.( and it worked)

I can't find any reason, but without any failure it just kept running at that time.

Does anybody have a similar issue or any suggestion?

Since this issue is critical for us, any kinds of advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi jjsr,

This would be a great question to post in the SQL forums.  Do you know if the package is failing or if the cube process is failing?  I would post in the SQL SSAS forum if it's the cube process that's failing or post in the in either the SQL Integration Services or the DTS forum - if you think that this process job is failing. 

-Joey

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=80&SiteID=17

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hi jjsr,

This would be a great question to post in the SQL forums.  Do you know if the package is failing or if the cube process is failing?  I would post in the SQL SSAS forum if it's the cube process that's failing or post in the in either the SQL Integration Services or the DTS forum - if you think that this process job is failing. 

-Joey

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=80&SiteID=17

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:07 PM
  • I didn't know i post it in proclarity forum.

Sorry about that Smile

I post it in AS forum.

FYI, the job was not failed and the package kept running over 3 hours.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:25 PM
  • jjsr,

No worries - come back and post any ProClarity questions you have and best of luck solving your issue.  Good luck with your BI project.

-Joey

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:30 PM