none
DPM Help - Migrated using the admt tool to a new domain and now DPM doesn't connect to the database. RRS feed

• Question

• I  was moving my DPM server to a new domain and after I removed all the members from the protection groups. I used the migration tool to migrate it to the new domain instead of just joining the new domain.  Well now my dpm opens with no errors but none of the data is in there.  If I try to install the dpm client on a server it tells me that the server already has the client installed but it never shows up in datamanger.  I am sure it is some rights that are messed up but I can't figure out what is it - Any idea's? 

Sunday, July 1, 2012 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

DPM servers cannot be moved to a new domain without completly rebuilding it from scratch.

See Moving the DPM Server to a New Domain
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808685

Uninstall DPM delete the replica data, and re-install DPM from scratch after joining the new domain and start protection from scratch.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, July 2, 2012 10:37 PM