i wanna copy a text file from server to window 10 using sychronous command in answer file RRS feed

• Question

• hello sir/ma'am

i had tried to copy a text file from MDT server to fresh window 10.

following steps i had done

1. created a answer file and add a 2 synchronous command to pass 4.

2. 1 synchronous command to make a folder(in path i had written following code-cmd /c mkdir c:\path and order=4)

3. for copy the folder two different steps i had tried

a.  2 synchronous cmd to copy a text file(in path -cmd /c xcopy "\\rbvws12mdt\winpe\rahul.txt" "C:\path" and order =5)  

b.  by making a batch nd tried to copy the folder(in path - unc path of that folder and order =6)(i had share the folder with everyone)

4. after doing this saved the answer file and deploy the answer file using mdt

5. after deployment the windows 10 image had deploy and a folder is created in c drive with name path

6. but the text file i want to copy is not copied to this folder

for pic 1 -this answer file i had created to create folder

this pic -how to copy a folder

tried to to lti deployment.so 

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:24 AM

Answers

• The context that the unattend is applied in is System.  I don't think you can copy things over the network in that security context.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 4:16 PM