project 2013 - reports - per project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

im new to project and getting along fine for the time being, but im trying to do a report on one of my projects and it keeps showing me all the resources and there total time used , i just want to see which resources were used and for how long on this indivual  job

thanks very much

Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:01 PM

Answers

• Todski,

Are you working with a resource pool and sharer files?  If so, open the sharer file and when the dialog pops up asking whether you want to open the resource pool, choose "Do not open other files."

That should show you only resources assigned to tasks in the current file.

• Marked as answer by todski Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:45 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:58 PM

All replies

• todski,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Project.

You don't mention which view you are using and/or if you are using one of the built in reports, but I'd first start with the Resource Usage view. If that isn't giving you what you need then tell us exactly what it is you want to see and we will try to help you.

John

Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:15 PM
  • Hi todski,

You can use the Usage views - task or resource to view the assignments across tasks, also, their timephased view gives you day-wise allocations for resource on the tasks. As a start-up you can refer to following links :

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/project-help/change-the-timephased-information-displayed-in-the-resource-and-task-usage-views-HP001226077.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/project-help/view-resource-workloads-and-availability-HA001231829.aspx

Sapna Shukla

Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:22 PM
  • Todski,

Are you working with a resource pool and sharer files?  If so, open the sharer file and when the dialog pops up asking whether you want to open the resource pool, choose "Do not open other files."

That should show you only resources assigned to tasks in the current file.

• Marked as answer by todski Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:45 PM
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:58 PM
  • thanks for the quick reply 

i have a project that uses shared resources , i just want to be able to produce reports to that individual project , ie how much time was spent i have added the actual time , what i keep finding using the built in  reports with the resources it takes there total amount of work done which i don't want.

again thanks

Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:28 PM
  • @julie that seems to have worked many thanks , that will be the first of many questions
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:45 PM
  • You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.
    Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:26 PM