none
Windows 8 mail app sabotaged by Google RRS feed

• Question

• It appears that the Windows 8 mail app has been sabotaged by Google in a childish strike at Microsoft that harms consumers. This is but one of many examples of why Google should be the most feared corporation on earth. If anyone has a solution for even downloading mail, let alone using your contacts stored on Google, which they surreptitiously mine for private information, please post it here.
    Friday, February 15, 2013 12:35 AM

Answers

• It appears that the Windows 8 mail app has been sabotaged by Google in a childish strike at Microsoft that harms consumers. This is but one of many examples of why Google should be the most feared corporation on earth. If anyone has a solution for even downloading mail, let alone using your contacts stored on Google, which they surreptitiously mine for private information, please post it here.

I mainly use Windows Live Mail, a free product from another widely despised company. I don't use the Metro application much, but last I checked, it was still working with gmail.

I also use the Web based interface to gmail, although not from my Windows 8 PC. I haven't done it in a while, but I vaguely recall that I used the Web interface to download my gmail contacts for restoration into Windows Live Mail on a new PC. (The IMAP connection to gmail didn't copy that over for me.)

If you're actually running Windows RT, I don't know what would be best. 

Friday, February 15, 2013 7:50 PM

All replies

• 1. I have had problems with redirecting post from/to Google. It seems that some problems are caused by Google server performance issues.

2. Whenever you use services of any global company, you should be very careful.

Rgds

Milos

Friday, February 15, 2013 12:59 PM

I mainly use Windows Live Mail, a free product from another widely despised company. I don't use the Metro application much, but last I checked, it was still working with gmail.

I also use the Web based interface to gmail, although not from my Windows 8 PC. I haven't done it in a while, but I vaguely recall that I used the Web interface to download my gmail contacts for restoration into Windows Live Mail on a new PC. (The IMAP connection to gmail didn't copy that over for me.)

If you're actually running Windows RT, I don't know what would be best. 

Friday, February 15, 2013 7:50 PM