none
Integrate new MA without changing the existing environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can any one please suggest me for the below scenario.

Consider in the current environment. , we have deployed FIM sync server  and configured three management agent of type ADDS. There are some rule extension deployed for exchange and Lync. FIM Portal and MS Bhold is not installed and used. Total number of user are 15k.

Now we have new requirement to integrate a new  AD and  new  Ldap management agent to provision and  provision  500 user.

For these new 500 users, we also need FIM Portal and MS Bhold.

We don't want to make any  change in the existing  configured MA. Can we implement like this.

1. Install FIM Portal and MS bhold on the  existing server on which FIM syn server is already installed.

2. Configured the new management  for new AD and Ldap.

3. Configured the FIMMA to allow only the new 500 user to provision in FIMService based on some criteria  which can get from the new AD and Ldap.

4. Do the required configuration of MPR,Syn rule etc in FIM Portal.

5 .Do the configuration  export and import the user in Bhold  for only new 500 users to approval, groups management etc.

OR

Install the FIM Portal and Bhold and then reconfigure the all exiting management agent using  the FIM Portal GUI.

Please suggest which is best way. If we need to reconfigure the all the existing MA using FIM Portal or just install the FIM Portal and Bhold and configure the  required MA for new 500 users only.

Thanks

Harry

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:34 AM

All replies

• Both options are available, but first one would be easier and more appropriate for you. Just write provisioning code that users are provisioned to FIM only from this one domain.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:26 PM
  • Thanks Dominik for your response,

So it means there will not be any performance issue if we keeps existing MA in Synchronization server (without FIM Portal) and install the FIM portal and Bhold to manage and create new AD and LDAP MA for new 500 users using FIM Portal GUI.

As well as per my understanding, only  500 cals  Licence will be required because only new 500 users will be managed by FIM Portal (FIMService) and MS Bhold. Cals license will not be required for rest old 15K user  because these will be managed by only by Synchronization server(FIMSynchronizationService ) not FIMSevice.

Please correct me.

Thanks

Harry

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:57 AM