Download link for the MSDN ULS Viewer for SharePoint 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone have a working hyperlink to the ULS Log Viewer for SharePoint 2010 (the Dan Winter version) that was hosted on MSDN?
    It's not available at the old location anymore, and I've been unable to find the new location (if there is any?): http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/ULSViewer

I know there are several other ULS Log viewers on codeplex, but IMHO the MSDN version was the most useful.

Cheers
    Pascal 

Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to download the ULS Log Viewer for SharePoint 2010 (the Dan Winter version) that was hosted on MSDN.

The MSDN Archive Gallery has recently been taken down. That gallery contained ULSViewer.exe, a much-loved tool that no SharePoint guy or gal should be without.

You can download it form here: Download ULSViewer 2.0.3530.27850

More information:

ULSViewer.exe download (MSDN archive version)

Thanks,

Linda Li                

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 13, 2014 3:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to download the ULS Log Viewer for SharePoint 2010 (the Dan Winter version) that was hosted on MSDN.

The MSDN Archive Gallery has recently been taken down. That gallery contained ULSViewer.exe, a much-loved tool that no SharePoint guy or gal should be without.

You can download it form here: Download ULSViewer 2.0.3530.27850

More information:

ULSViewer.exe download (MSDN archive version)

Thanks,

Linda Li                

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 13, 2014 3:11 AM
  • Thanks Lindali, that's what I was looking for.

Still wondering though why it's not on MSDN anymore in another location, but that's another matter....

-Pascal

Friday, June 13, 2014 8:28 AM
  • ULS viewer can also be downloaded from the below link ..

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44020

ja

• Edited by Ja08 Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:02 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:01 AM
  • Yes, but that's the version for SP 2013. The question was about the version for SP 2010 (see the reply marked as answer earlier).

-Pascal

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:15 AM