none
Set-Up confidential projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need help configuring confidential projects in PS2010. I want only a few resources be able of viewing the project and its tasks.

thanks

Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:22 PM

Answers

• Hi JosepMola,

I see two possibilities:

1. Create a securty Category 'Confidential' and add the confidential projects to this category. Assign the category with the correct permissions to the group of users that need to have access to these projects
    2. Set the Project Owner to the owner of the project. Define your security in such a way that only the owner has access to this project. Use the new 'Project Permissions' (in Project Center) feature in Project Server 2010 to grant access to this project for other users.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:28 PM

All replies

• Hi JosepMola,

I see two possibilities:

1. Create a securty Category 'Confidential' and add the confidential projects to this category. Assign the category with the correct permissions to the group of users that need to have access to these projects
    2. Set the Project Owner to the owner of the project. Define your security in such a way that only the owner has access to this project. Use the new 'Project Permissions' (in Project Center) feature in Project Server 2010 to grant access to this project for other users.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 1:28 PM
  • "Define your security in such a way that only the owner has access to this project."

-Could you provide more clarification around this? Our rule is that the Project Manager group should be allowed to view all projects in the system. (until we start adding confidential ones)

If we already have a group of Project Managers able to view the default "My Organizations" category, how will this confidential project only be accessible to the owner (without specifically assigning the "My Organization" category to all other projects in the system excluding the confidential one?). 

Thanks

Friday, March 2, 2012 7:58 PM