none
MAP and device drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Hope anyone can help, iam currently working on a project where we need to find supported and unsupported drivers in a large Company, updating from XP to Win7. I have been looking at ACT (application compatibility tools) of which i have created a small test setup, but ACT dosnt, show if drivers are either on the Windows 7 dvd or Windows update, as far as i can see MAP will deliver this information is this true?

If so is it possible to extract drivers from win update so that these can be packed with the new Win7 image?

And one last question, would it be possible to view a list with manufacture and model names from the drives not on Windows cd and win update? so that these can be identified and maybe downloaded.

Thank you for nice Tool :-)

Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:35 AM

All replies

• The MAP Toolkit can analyze the devices found in the environment and let you know if the drivers are available or if you need to check with the manufacturer. You can also customize the assessment to use values that are higher than the minimum or recommended hardware specifications that come from Microsoft. 

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:39 PM