Delivery report FROM address -- how is it set? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am the admin of an Exchange 2016 setup. One of my users received an external piece of mail. The sender of that external mail received a delivery report saying it was delivered successfully to my end user.  The FROM address on the delivery report was my address.

I am assuming the FROM address was my address because I am the admin of the server, is that correct?

Is there way in Powershell or EMC to set who the delivery report says it comes FROM?

Thanks,
    Mike

Friday, December 21, 2018 2:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am the admin of an Exchange 2016 setup. One of my users received an external piece of mail. The sender of that external mail received a delivery report saying it was delivered successfully to my end user.  The FROM address on the delivery report was my address.

I am assuming the FROM address was my address because I am the admin of the server, is that correct?

Is there way in Powershell or EMC to set who the delivery report says it comes FROM?

Thanks,
    Mike

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/configure-the-external-postmaster-address-exchange-2013-help

Should apply to 2016 as well

• Marked as answer by Nachtmsk Friday, December 21, 2018 3:39 PM
    Friday, December 21, 2018 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks,
    Mike

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/configure-the-external-postmaster-address-exchange-2013-help

Should apply to 2016 as well

• Marked as answer by Nachtmsk Friday, December 21, 2018 3:39 PM
    Friday, December 21, 2018 3:12 PM
  • Thanks Andy, exactly what I needed to know!

Mike

Friday, December 21, 2018 3:39 PM