Disable specific windows update to be installed by Group Policy RRS feed

• Question

• Disable specific windows update to be installed by Group Policy

I want to disable specific KB from being installed by group policy.

I don't need to disable automatic update, just this specific update.

is that applicable or no ?

Thanks

Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:55 PM

Answers

• Hi msad,

>- is anyway can allow me to exclude specific updates to not deploy on the client side ?

You can hide it on client side:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff382716.aspx

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 16, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help, if yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by msad01 Thursday, February 2, 2017 4:02 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi msad,

1. If you use WSUS server to deploy updates for clients, then, you just need to "Not Approve" the update or "decline" the update, then clients won't download the update from the WSUS server;

2. If you download updates from Microsoft Update, then, you may "hide" the specific update, then clients won't install it;

3. If the clients are windows 10, and you download the updates from Microsoft Update, then it seems we are unable to decline the update, since windows 10 will automatically download and install updates from Microsoft Update as soon as it detect new updates in case there are vulnerability. So, it's recommended to use WSUS server to manage updates in company.

Best Regards,

Anne

Friday, January 13, 2017 2:30 AM
  • Hi Anne,

I am not using WSUS.

under the group policy I enabled configure automatic update to run everyday at 3 am.

- is anyway can allow me to exclude specific updates to not deploy on the client side ?

- if not, what is the best scenario I can use to not let those updates install.

Thanks

Friday, January 13, 2017 1:53 PM
  • Hi msad,

>- is anyway can allow me to exclude specific updates to not deploy on the client side ?

You can hide it on client side:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff382716.aspx

Best Regards,

Anne

Monday, January 16, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

Just to check if the above reply could be of help, if yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, welcome to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

• Marked as answer by msad01 Thursday, February 2, 2017 4:02 PM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:04 AM