How to retrieve data from CA IDMS database RRS feed

• Question

• As per my project requirement, we do have to connect to IDMS database to retrieve data through SSIS Package. I am not getting much help from the web regarding this!!. Please help me to get this issue solved.

Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please mark it as complete, if you get the solution with this reply. TQ.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 2:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• It's not clear from your question whether you are importing into IDMS or exporting from IDMS. I'll assume exporting from.

Does IDMS have any export capability? Perhaps export the needed data to flat files then process using SSIS.

Sunday, August 28, 2016 4:38 PM
  • Hi Jim,

As per my requirement I do need to export data from IDMS. As per my requirement I do have connect to IDMS and has to retrieve the data through SSIS.

Export to flat file and using that is not recommended.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please mark it as complete, if you get the solution with this reply. TQ.

Monday, August 29, 2016 4:42 AM
  • Hello,

Download & install the ODBC Driver for IDMS, then you can connect through ODBC to get the data

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1609157.aspx?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Seif Wang Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Satish Pavuluri Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:57 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 8:22 AM
  • Hi Satish Pavuluri,

According to you description, I did some search in internet.  I find that IDMS relies on the ODBC & JDBC protocol in this KB article, so I think connect to CA IDMS via ODBC driver in SSIS may be a way.

In this case please try to create a ODBC Connection for IDMS, then reference this ODBC Connection in SSIS.

Here is an article that introduces how to extract data by using ODBC Source in SSIS. Please take a reference.

If you are not very skilled in how to connect to IDMS via ODBC, please try to contact IDMS vendor for a help.

Regards,

Seif

• Proposed as answer by Seif Wang Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Satish Pavuluri Thursday, September 8, 2016 10:57 AM
    Monday, August 29, 2016 10:36 AM