none
Redirection to a hyperlink RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I have a link which is to be published on Xenapp server for few users.

The IE shall be in Lockdown mode, I can either use IE with - K switch or use a script. I choose a script becasue i can customise the page size.

Now the problem is there is a small hyperlink in the website which is to be published , if we click this link it opens a new IE without Lockdown mode. I am using the below script, is there a way which can help me stop this redirection or if redirection happens also the new IE is also in Lockdown mode....

Set oIE1 = WScript.CreateObject ("InternetExplorer.Application")

oIE1.Navigate "http://xym.com:8080/login.do"
    oIE1.Visible = 1
    oIE1.AddressBar = 0
    oIE1.StatusBar = 0
    oIE1.ToolBar = 0
    oIE1.MenuBar = 0

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:30 PM Move to more appropriate forum
    Tuesday, October 7, 2014 5:44 AM

Answers

• <a href="small link" target="_self">small link</a>

IE has security settings and built-in popup blocker settings that can affect how scripted windows and links are opened. File>Properties to determine which IE Security zone your landing page and link pages map to.

COM Toolbars and BHO's can affect popup blocker and navigation outcomes. The first step in troubleshooting browser issues is to test in noAddons mode. Disabling toolbars with a WBC property does not stop BHO's from loading with iSetSite.

IE9/win7 and higher support pinned sites which open a browser chrome in a sandbox and without addons.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11:28 PM

All replies

• No.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:39 AM
  • I believe the only way to force this is to put the site in a zone that is  locked down or to use GP to lock down all ones.

Post question in IE deployment forum.  It is not a scripting issue.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:41 AM
  • Thanks for the assistance !

I know its not an issue with scripting just trying to find out alternate ways to have this done.

If i have to deploy this through GP then i will have to add one more server in the farm. Is there any way can i put the script to redirect all hyperlinks to divert to the same site (home page).

Many thanks !

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:27 AM
  • No.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:12 AM
  • <a href="small link" target="_self">small link</a>

IE has security settings and built-in popup blocker settings that can affect how scripted windows and links are opened. File>Properties to determine which IE Security zone your landing page and link pages map to.

COM Toolbars and BHO's can affect popup blocker and navigation outcomes. The first step in troubleshooting browser issues is to test in noAddons mode. Disabling toolbars with a WBC property does not stop BHO's from loading with iSetSite.

IE9/win7 and higher support pinned sites which open a browser chrome in a sandbox and without addons.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11:28 PM