No discovery data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

We have running SCOM 2007 R2 with one RMS an MS and a dedicated SQL server. We monitor 62 agents.

On some servers specially my clusters I have scom alerts like:

Script or Executable Failed to run
    The process started at 11:23:09 AM failed to create System.Discovery.Data, no errors detected in the output. The process exited with 128
    Command executed: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "DiscoverSQL2005RSDiscovery.vbs" {4CC14CC2-E918-1733-726A-32631502C25B} {5EC8E91E-EF40-BF5E-038B-06FE1788B263} agent.contoso.local agent.contoso.local agent

When I run this script locally on the agent it runs with no errors. So looks like the scripts is running but the data is not created and sent to my RMS.

This is not only SQL, also Cluster Service and Dell. I already cleared the agent cache and restarted the HealthService. Agent proxying is enabled on all nodes.

Thanks,
    Mark

Thursday, October 1, 2009 11:49 AM

Answers

• Given the broad nature of the problems you mention, it's difficult to really pinpoint any one factor here to go investigate.  I'd suggest you narrow the problem down to a specific agent and probably also a specific script failure.  My guess would be that after solving 2 or 3 of these problems, you'll find some steps that you can apply across the board.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 11:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark.

Under what credentials does the Agent run? Already configured the appropiate RunAs Profiles in OpsMgr?
    Best regards, Marnix Wolf

(Thoughts on OpsMgr)
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:27 PM
  • Hi,

Agent is running under Local System. My action account is domain admin. This account is also a member of my custom SQL administrators group. This account is also configured in the profiles.

It is not only SQL also this one: Error doing IIS Discovery Error: 0x80070006 Details: The handle is invalid.
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 12:49 PM
  • Given the broad nature of the problems you mention, it's difficult to really pinpoint any one factor here to go investigate.  I'd suggest you narrow the problem down to a specific agent and probably also a specific script failure.  My guess would be that after solving 2 or 3 of these problems, you'll find some steps that you can apply across the board.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 11:01 PM
  • I am having a similar problem, where I get the error:  The process ... failed to create System.Discovery.Data, no errors detected in the output.  The process exited with 0. 

I have a Win2003 x64 server, with SQL Server 2005, also 64 bit.

The Script where I get this message is DiscoverSQL2005DBEngineDiscovery.vbs.  When I look at my collection of SQL 2005 servers in the Operations Console, I do not have this server in the list.

Any assistance is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Steve

Monday, January 11, 2010 5:51 PM